Node hosts run the various types of servers and applications that are needed to keep the network up and running.
Currently, to power the OmniFlix Network, 3 types of nodes are used/have been implemented:
Let's take a quick look at each of these.
- A validator node is the equivalent of a miner in a proof-of-stake network like the Bitcoin or others.
- Currently a validator is reponsible for:
- block production
- governance participation (on behalf of delegators)
- To know more about a validator and what a validator does in a proof-of-stake context, refer to the official Cosmos documentation for a clear explanation.
relayeris a node that moves packets from one chain to another and is a core component in the communication with other chains.
- Relayer Node Hosts typically run Relayer infrastructure for more than a single chain.
storagenode contributes to the storage and delivery of content within the network.
- Storage Nodes are redundant in nature and will most likely have a limit on the total storage that can be contributed to the network.
- Redundant copies of the content hosted by a single storage node are maintained in the network to prevent loss of content in the case of a technical glitch.
Interested to implement OmniFlix's NFT & community infrastructure for your film3 movie, studio or your community? Want to create the next-gen media studio on the blockchain?